Sunday 24 July 2011

Colour Tests!

This weekend I have managed to get some colour tests done for my main character in The Owl of the Woods!



This was my first try, at the time I was doing it I felt that it wasn't feeling right but decided to finish it anyway. 



I really felt this style clicking with me while doing it, having your two main tone colours as the lines as well made things go alot faster to. I most likely at the moment stay with this style for the character colour. I also decided that he won't wear gloves which stops your attention going straight for this hands.



I tried my hand at drawing a background, it's not great but hoping to get better soon with the help of the very talented Jacqui Davis over the summer.
-Matt

4 comments:

  1. I agree, the second one is better. Loving the setting too =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhooi,,
    Wow,, It looks good and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, after my house move I'm going to get to work on the other main characters!

    ReplyDelete